Home » Vice Principal Interview Questions
There is one real secret to success with vice principal interview questions and any other kind of job search related queries you may face. It can be summed up in two words: Be Prepared! The following is a list of some of the questions candidates aspiring for a Vice Principal job should be prepared for.
Thinking through how you will respond to these can help you get started in the right direction.
Be sure to do some background research on the institution you are approaching. Get to know all details. Let’s get into those interview questions right away.
- Tell us something about yourself. (Great question and a common way to open an interview. See this page for inputs on how to answers that one – it’s critical info.)
- What do you like about this institution? What appeals to you?
- Why do you want an assistant principal position at this point in your career?
- What do you not like about the current job you have?
- What is your approach to dealing with discipline problems?
- Tell us about a student related issue you faced and how you handled it?
- What is your management style?
- What management or other profession-related books have you read recently?
- Tell me about a time when you faced an ethical dilemma.
- Have you undertaken any major new / innovative project at your current job? How did you handle it? What were the results?
- What’s your biggest accomplishment to date?
- Do you have specific ideas on how to improve the quality of education at our institution?
- What attracts you to this career?
- How will you reconcile your need for independent decision making with the requirement of the institution’s board / regulators?
- What is your approach to handling teaching staff? Non-teaching staff?
- What qualifies you for this position?
If you are busy and want a great resource to help you prepare for your forthcoming interview without spending a lot of time on it, do check out this book. It’s helped many people get the job they wanted.
Think through good answers to each of the above vice-principal interview questions based on your background and the research you’ve done.