Having a list of common interview questions for school administrators can definitely give you a real edge. Be sure to check up on the school system and situation before you go for the meeting. Then figure out how you can best answer these interview questions for school administrators.
- Tell me a story about yourself. (This can be a great start for you – if you’re prepared! And you can be — read this page for the best interview answers.)
- Give me an example of a time when you faced a student discipline problem. How did you handle it?
- What would you say are the most important skills school administrators need? Give me examples to show you have them.
- What’s a time when you faced a very stressful time at work? How did you handle it?
- A group of angry parents have come into your office demanding reversal of a new policy the school has put in place. What will you do in this situation?
- How do you define success?
- Do you think traditional school systems have a future in 10+ years given the growth of e-learning as well as other cutting-edge technologies that we cannot even fully imagine now?
- Tell me of a time when you had to deal with adverse remarks made by school inspectors.
- Balancing student needs with regulatory / other requirements is a tough task. How do you propose to do it?
- How will you deal with conflicting expectations of different parents?
- What three words describe you best?
- How do you think schools should evolve further to best serve student needs? How should they make use of emerging technologies to assist learning?
- What is your opinion about (..some current event or situation affecting the school system)?
These interview questions for school administrators call for some research and careful thinking. Do it and get ahead!