If you’re looking for interview questions for nursing positions as well as the best answers, you’ve come to the right place! As you know, effective preparation is the key to a successful job hunt. These interview questions nursing can be a great place to start.
Do some concerted fact-finding on the hospital / institution you’re applying to. That way, you can tailor these interview questions nursing to be in sync with what they’re looking for.
- A great many job interviews start with this simple question (or variations of it): Tell me a little about yourself. Here’s a page with some excellent free answers about this common query at interviews.
- Give me an example of how you stayed calm during a crisis.
- What’s your biggest weakness? Tell me of an instance when it interfered with your work.
- In your current job, how have your responsibilities changed over the past few years?
- What makes you feel successful?
- What do you expect in your new job?
- What is it about your current job that you’re unhappy with?
- Give me three good reasons why I should hire you.
- Career-wise, where do you see yourself in five years’ time?
- Do you enjoy working alone or with a group of people?
- How did you decide to take up nursing as a career?
- What do you think of (some current issue / news about the nursing profession)?
- How has the nursing profession changed in the past five years? Do you think it has good prospects? Why?
You will, of course, need to prepare for questions of a technical nature as well. Your professional education and experience will stand you in good stead here.