If you’re an accountant looking for a job, this list of interview questions can be very useful. Your first task should be to do careful research on the company you are approaching. Once you have the relevant information, put together great answers to these accounting job interview questions.
And while you’re on the task of figuring out responses to these and other relevant questions, do browse through this site. You’ll find excellent answers to common questions and other useful tips for interviews.
So here are some of the queries you need to be ready to answer.
- Tell me about yourself.
- What would you say is your biggest accomplishment so far?
- How would you deal with a personality clash with your boss?
- Do you prefer to work by yourself or with a group of people?
- What do you think about (…some contemporary development in finance or accounting)?
- Tell me of an instance where you faced a real-life ethical dilemma.
- How do you see your career developing over the next five years?
- If you had a free hand, what changes would you bring about to your profession? What about it needs to change?
- What attracts you to the accounting profession?
- How do you think accountants should adapt to technology that sometimes threatens to make them redundant?
- What do you think is the biggest challenge facing the accounting profession at this time? How will you handle it?
- How much money are you looking for?
- Why do you want to work for this company?
- Why do you want to leave your present job?
- Your boss has given you an urgent project to complete. Unfortunately, you and your team are already fully engaged in an existing project that takes up all your time. How will you handle this?
This page (and other pages on this site) can help you prepare well for these and other accounting job interview questions. That link leads to a page with great answers to some difficult questions you may get asked – check it out.